IRAQ WARIraqi Freedom
On 17 March, 2003 - The UK's ambassador to the UN states the diplomatic process in Iraq has ended; UN arms inspectors evacuate; US President George W Bush gives Saddam Hussein and his sons 48 hours to leave Iraq or face war.
On 19 March, 2003 - American and British forces began the conflict known as "Gulf War 2" or the "Second Iraq War". The U.S. government calls this conflict "Operation Iraqi Freedom."
On 20 March, 2003 - American missiles hit targets in Baghdad, marking the start of a US-led campaign to topple Saddam Hussein. In the following days US and British ground troops enter Iraq from the south.
On 9 April, 2003 - US forces advance into central Baghdad. Saddam Hussein's grip on the city is broken. In the following days Kurdish fighters and US forces take control of the northern cities of Kirkuk and Mosul. There is widespread looting in the capital and other cities.
On Aug. 31, 2010, President Obama declared an end to the long and costly war.
On October 21, 2011, President Obama announced that all U.S. troops and trainers would leave Iraq by the end of the year, bringing the U.S. mission in Iraq to an end. Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/toplists/the_iraq_war_facts_and_figures/the_iraq_war_facts_and_figures.html#ixzz10hGeBxaZ
If you have information regarding a descendant's participation in this or any other war and his/her name is missing from this list please contact me. EvelynGobleSteen@gmail.com
- DILLS, David, - Specialist served in Kuwait for over 11 months in the 69th Signal Company in 504th Battalion mechanics (63Bravo). Currently stationed at Fort Huachuca. Provided by Alice Gobel McIntosh
- GOBLE, John - Active duty soldier in the US Army. He was deployed to Iraq from Feb 2003-Feb 2004. He has been in the army for 14 years. He was stationed with the 588th Maintenance Company attached to the 101st Airborne Division for his tour. Provided by Karen Meyer Goble
- OAKES, IT2 Kami, German Tree United States Navy, 2 tours Camp Patriot, Kuwait. Aug. 2004-Mar. 2005 and Aug. 2006-Jan. 2007. Operation Iraqi Freedom. Provided by Donna Goble
- OAKES, Sgt. James, German Tree United States Marines. Currently serving Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Airbase, Iraq. Provided by Donna Goble
- VOLKER, Robert - Serving in Iraq about 40 miles outside of Baghdad. Provided by Barbara Goble Volker
Return to American War Gobles
RETURN TO GOBLE GENEALOGY HOME PAGE
This page last updated on December 5, 2011
Send Feedback to EvelynGobleSteen@gmail.com